MEET OUR DOCTOR
Dr. Christian Heesch
Doctor Christian Heesch completed a six-year combined undergrad/graduate program at the Medical Faculty of the Free University Berlin, Germany. His medical sub-internship year was done at the Universite Paris VI ‘Pierre et Marie Curie’ in Paris, France. After obtaining his medical degree and a medical doctorate, he continued with an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Rush Medical Center in Chicago, IL. Subsequently, he completed a fellowship in general cardiovascular medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX, a fellowship in Heart Failure and Transplantation Cardiology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and a coronary and peripheral interventional fellowship at the Cardiovascular Institute of the South in Louisiana.
Dr. Heesch has held both academic and private practice positions. Aside from practicing in the United States, his work and his study of medicine and related topics have taken him to many foreign countries including Russia, Canada, Spain, France, Germany, Mexico, Ghana and the Czech Republic. He is fluent in English, Russian, German, French and Spanish and enjoys working with patients from all parts of the world. Dr. Heesch is Board Certified and Recertified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Nuclear Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
DR. HEESCH'S SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
- Heesch CM and Alexander M. Changes in lymphocyte subpopulations in patients with hepatitis A and hepatitis C (Monograph). Berlin University Press 1991.
- Schaer GL, Hursey TL, Rowan DA, Campbell DR, Heesch CM, Manabat N, Parillo JE. Platelet activating factor is an important mediator of myocardial reperfusion injury (Abstract). J. Am Col Cardiol 1991;17:228A
- Heesch CM and Eichhorn EJ. Magnesium therapy in acute myocardial infarction (Review). Ann Emerg Med 1994;24;1154-1160.
- Eichhorn EJ, Heesch CM, Barnett JH, Alvarez LG, Fass SM, Grayburn PA, Hatfield BA, Marcoux LG, Malloy CR. Effect of metoprolol on myocardial function and energetics in patients with non-ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Am Col Cardiol 1994;25:1310-1320.
- Heesch CM, Marcoux LG, Hatfield BA, Eichhorn EJ. Hemodynamic and energetic comparison of bucindolol and metoprolol for the treatment of congestive heart failure. Am J. Cardiol 1995;75:360-364.
- Eichhorn EJ, Heesch CM, Risser RC, Marcoux LG, Hatfield BA. Predictors of systolic and diastolic improvement in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy treated with metoprolol. J Am Coll Cardiol 1995;24:154-162.
- Keffer JH, Heesch CM, Slatton LM, Eichhorn EJ. Assessment of a gradient of troponin I and CK-MB across the heart as a marker of ischemia (Abstract). Clin Chem 1995;41:S237-S238.
- Heesch CM, Negus BH, Keffer JH, Snyder RW, Risser RC, Eichhorn EJ. Effects of cocaine on cortisol secretion in humans. Am J Med Sci 1995;310:61-64.
- Heesch CM, Negus BH, Steiner M, Snyder RW, Grayburn PA, Hernandez AL, Ashcraft J, Eichhorn EJ. Effects of in vivo cocaine administration on human platelets. Am J Cardiol 1996;78:237-239.
- Feldman MD, Pak PH, Wu CC, Haber HL, Heesch CM, Bergin JD, Powers ER, Cowart TD, Tedesco C, Carnivale M, Johnson WW, Feldman AM, Kass DA. Acute cardiovascular effects of OPC-18790 in patients with congestive heart failure: Time- and dose-dependence analysis based on pressure-volume relations. Circulation 1996;93:474-483.
- Heesch CM, Steiner M, Hernandez JA, Ashcraft J, Eichhorn EJ. Effects of cocaine on human platelet aggregation in vitro. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 1996;34:673-684.
- Heesch CM, Negus BH, Bost JE, Keffer JH, Snyder RW, Eichhorn EJ. Effects of cocaine on anterior pituitary and gonadal hormones. J Pharmacol Exp Therap 1996;278:1195-1200.
- Heesch CM, Wilhelm CR, Ristich J, Adnane J, Bontempo FA, Wagner WR. Cocaine activates platelets and increases the formation of circulating platelet containing microaggregates in humans. Heart 2000;83:688-695.
PATENTS GRANTED TO DR. HEESCH
- Patents granted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO):
6,325,538 6,609,671 6,857,590 6,645,160 6,866,146 10.020.083
- Patents granted by the European Patent Office (EPO):
98236.3 DE, FR, GB
MEET OUR FRIENDLY STAFF
Julia Popov, Medical Office Manager
Julia has a passion for people! She is especially grateful for the wisdom she has gained over the years through her life experiences. Julia is originally from Almaty, Kazakhstan and has been residing in the United States since 1990.
As a Medical Practice Manager, with over 18 years of experience, Julia loves overseeing our patients’ care and helping our team successfully accomplish the office goals. Julia is driven to exceed patient’s expectations and believes that the relationship and the communication between the patient, family members and Florida Heart Clinic must be superior under all circumstances.
Julia graduated with a dual bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Voice Performance from the University of Southern Maine. She has held various jobs over the years in managing, orchestrating and transforming Dental Practices, Designing Firms, Musical Schools, Medical Private Practices and Hospitals that prepared and qualified her for this journey with Florida Heart Clinic.
Julia is fluent in English and Russian.
Anastasiia is from Ufa, Russia. She graduated from the Medical Faculty of the Bashkortostan State Medical University in Russia as a physician. While still being enrolled at the University, she began to work in a mobile ICU team as a nurse. After completing an internship and residency in anesthesiology and resuscitation medicine, she worked for 3 years in Russia as an anesthesiologist and resuscitator in an intensive care unit before coming to the United States. At present, Anastasiia is not working as a physician, but as an administrative and technical assistant to Dr. Heesch while undergoing the academic requirements to formally enter the American healthcare system.
Anastasiia is fluent in English, Russian and Bashkir.
"I believe that helping people is the duty of all of us, especially if we can alleviate pain and suffering. I am excited to work with Dr. Christian M. Heesch and his wonderful team. Our goal is to do everything possible to restore your health so that you can live your life as happily as possible. "
Svetlana is originally from the city of Volgograd (Stalingrad), Russia.
She is an athlete and has won multiple marathons. Before moving into the United States, she was working as an administrator at the "Center of Aesthetic Medicine & Fitness", St. Petersburg, Russia.
Svetlana speaks Russian, English and is currently learning Spanish.
"I always was passionate about health and helping people. Very excited to work with one of the best doctors - Christian M. Heesch, and to be part of the Florida Heart Clinic team."